Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 1: Red

Well here they are, my first day in the Nail Art Challenge. I honestly held out from doing this challenge for sooo long because I hate red nail polish and it happened to be the first day. I can't get inspired with the color red, I just don't see anything but Christmas.

This red ALMOST changes my mind.
It's China Glaze - Ruby Pumps and maaannnn does it shine!
I'll upload a close up of it if I can get one, but right now I'm beat.
For the gold zigzags, I used these handy little pens I'm going to have to make a post about.
They're the cat's meow!

Here's where the more personal note comes in. Feel free to skip.
My boyfriend tried taking his life Monday night. Yeah, the same night I started this blog. I didn't hear until the morning that they had him in the hospital, but to think I could have woken up to a much worse phone call has me shocked. I originally was doing red drip nails (sorta bloody) but I couldn't bare to after that, so I picked something that couldn't possibly trigger emotions.

ANYWAYS
Here's to tomorrow being brighter than these past couple days.
Day 2: Orange is on the way and I promise I'll be more cheerful

No comments:

Post a Comment